We always try to provide tools for our publishers, earlier in the year we launched a new Deeplinking tool; it was hugely successful and lots of our publishers use it. We wanted to drop you all a note to say that this has been updated and is now IEv9 compatible. The links in our old blog post have been updated too, but we thought it might be helpful to have them here as well.
The Deeplinking tool can be installed on Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, so all bases are covered. To launch installation, just click on one of the following links for the browser you want to run the tool with: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (32-bit version).
You can also click on one of the icons below to launch the Deeplinking download for that browser:
And here’s a step by step guide to using the tool:
- Once you have installed the CJ Deeplinking tool on your computer, an icon will appear at the top of your chosen browser and under the “Tools” menu (IE/Firefox).
- Click on this to bring up the login window, here you can enter your CJ Username and Password or register to the CJ programme if you are not already a CJ client.
- Once logged in, the below window will appear. It will show the URL for the page you are currently on and give you the option to change your PID if you have more than one account with your programme. You can also enter your SID (shopper ID) which is used for cashback sites.
- To produce a deeplink go to the Advertiser’s page you want to deeplink. If you are using IE or Firefox use the shortcut ‘CTRL+ALT+SPACE’ to bring the deeplink window back on screen with the current webpage’s URL in the ‘Page URL’ line. Chrome doesn’t allow shortcuts but you can just click the CJ Deeplinking icon, it will bring up the Deeplinking window with the URL of the active page you were on.
- You then can decide if you want your deeplink in a URL or HTML format.
If you chose a URL format you can’t produce any link text but can encrypt the URL. If you choose HTML you can choose whether the link opens in the customer’s current window or a new one, you can also ‘Encrypt’ or ‘Hide tracking code on URLs’ and can create a link text.
With the HTML deeplink format, you can also combine encrypting and hiding, the tracking code of the URL is shown below (IE and Chrome only).
When you are ready to generate a deeplink, click on the ‘Create Deep Link’ button. If deep-linking is accepted by the advertiser whose site you are on, and you are already signed up to their programme this deeplinking message will appear. You can use the “Copy to Clipboard” button to paste the CJ link code to your website.
If the following message appears it is because the advertiser allows deeplinking, but you are not signed up to their programme, a link is provided on this window which allows you to apply for the advertiser’s programme.
Finally, if the below message appears it is because either the advertiser does not allow deep-linking or they do not have an advertiser programme with Commission Junction.
This tool is currently enabled to a select number of advertisers, primarily those who operate and are managed in Europe.
In the near future, this tool will be available to all advertisers on the network who permit deeplinking on their account.
We hope you all get on well with this tool and it makes life a little bit easier for you. If you have any questions feel free to ping us a line at email@example.com, or leave a message below and we’ll get back to you.